Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawings blank out

schlipf

Hey all,
I am looking for some advice on what to check/upgrade to get better display performance. I have the problem that if I opem several windows, parts of my drawings disapear. I can highlight them with the mouse so they are there.
View attachment 1264

Similarly, sometimes smaller features will disapear- (I do not mean become hard to see) - they disapear, creating a space in the model where I see the pro/e background. This also may happen if I have several windows open.

I am running
WF2 M150
Windows XP SP1
3.2GHz
1Gb RAM
nVidia 64Mb AGP8X graphics
2x - Samsung 20" displays
Ideas anyone?
Tks in advance

Looks like video card trouble. Since ProE still runs its own flavour of handling Windows (not standard for sure) and CAD in general uses all possible "speedy" functions that OS and video card can offer. Combination of both makes that only specific card and driver combinations work acceptable. Top of that there are also changes in the program itself between builds, so a configuration that used to work may no longer do so now.

Alex

Hello I had a similar problem in sketcher and in drawings where the lines would just not be visible at all, except when you preselected them. It was VERY annoying/confusing. Not sure if this is the same problem as yours, but the solution for me was to go to View --> Display Colors --> System Colors --> Scheme --> Default.
For some reason ProE was setting all lines and backgrounds set to black!! Go Figure! HTH

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back