Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Variable Section Swept Blend

mgnt8

I need more control over my VSS's from the beginning of the trajectory to theend. If I could just insert a couple more sections in between like the Swept Blend, my end result wouldn't be distorted. It looks like in WF 3.0, they're kind of moving in that direction, combining the VSS with the Swept Blend, but they need to complete the job. Maybe I'm missing something though - is there a way to more fully control the VSS along the trajectory? (of course, now its beginning to sound like a boundary blend)

Mgnt8,

It sounds like the SB is the way to go. Why not just use that instead of a VSS?

Sidebar question for you. What feature do you use more often, VSS or SB? Why? I ask because I usually use a SB due to it's flexibility and usefulness in driving features normal to thedie-pull direction in plastic parts. I know VSS has the same type offunction but I like the ability to changethe config later on, similar to the issue you are having above.

It all depends but lately, I've been using VSS a lot. The reason is, to make a long story short, I need to use mutltiple trajectories in order to get one part tomate against another. So the mating surface needs to be lofted along 2 or 3 3D curves. Ordinarily I would use Style, but I couldn't get the surface to thicken and found the VSS does. I've been trying to adjust one of my curves today because, as thesection sweeps around, its becoming unmoldable. Like I said, if I could just add a couple more sections, I could tighten up everything. The SB & VSS are so similar, it doesn't seem like too big of a stretch to combine them, does it?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back