Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/e Progressive Die Design

Hello hrjo

I was looking for someone who use PTC Progressive Die Design at their Job daily.

I've used Pro/e, Pro/man and Pro/mold for 8 years, But not since Jan. of this yr.

I have seen Demo's on SW QuickPress and QuickForm, NX Progressive Die Design and PTC's Progressive Die Design.

Now I would like to talk to someone over the phone that use it for their die design

and get the in's and out's of the software, so to speak.

If you could that would be great!

Thanks

I have been designing progressive dies for 25 years. I started using Pro E one year ago. We just purchased the PDX, and then I began to use this software.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
You mentioned ProMold experience. Did you use EMX?
I am in Chicago.

Hello again hrjo...

I started building Die in 1985 a long with Die repair till 1996, in 1996I started building proto-type alum. molds using Pro/e, Pro/man and Pro/mold design, and did that till Jan. of this year.

I started my current Job in Jan. Its a small tool and die shop, that puts alot of dies

out the back door if you know what I mean.

I've been using MasterCam and SolidEdge since Feb.

We are looking to automate the way we build die, we are hoping to get at least 35% faster, on the design end.

There is a Co. in Nashville Foundation Tool Design they use Pro/e for everthing, I am planning to go up there and talk to them Thrusday.

"Oh yea" What is EMX?,

I use to live in Chicago move back down south in 1980 (SkullBone Tn)

Gotta go now....

Lets get together and talk about the 69 Cubs! Forget Dies!!!! haahahahahaha

Hi,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I know Foundation Tool Design. I spoke with Barry (over the phone) on a few occasions almost a year ago, when I began using ProE for die design. Barry gave me a lot of excellent advice on how to do several things in ProE when designing progressive dies. My understanding is that they have a highly automated ProE configuration for die design.

Henry in Chicago

PS.

EMX = Expert Moldbase Extension

Hello Henry

Look now like we will be heading to Nashville on Friday.

I'll give you a up-date, sometime next week.

Gotta go now, I've got a lot going on today!

Thanks Again

Stephen

Hello jugnu_009

Sorry I don't have any tutorials, and have not used Pro/moldsince Jan.

"But keep diggingthe stuffs out there!

Good Luck!

sskinger

Thanks for your reply.

In doing my 30 day research, I have not found a pound of users, let-alone a ton.

I have seen very little ... training for PDX.... Zero...

I have seen very little... Do a web search for die designers that use PDX...

Even on this Forum do a search...

Categorize in this Forum No......

Where is PDX???.....

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back