Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

when split drafting....

tommypurple

I would like to see the hinged point increase mass. When ever you do split draft from hinge. The hinge is locked. I would like to see the hinge point the where the mass is added. And the hinged point is moved and the ends are locked.

You need to set two hinges in the shape of curves (or edges). You need to split using an object. Sequence would look like this:

1 - draft, select surface to draft, the first hinge and the pull direction

2 - Set a split by object (select a quilt)

3 - Add a second hinge (curve/edge)

4 - Set the split to be dependent on both sides

I added a simple file to show you. It's in wf2 format

View attachment 1293

/M2005-10-24_023420_hinge.zip

The hinge point is on the top datum plane and it is fixed. In this model I can go either way with it, but the hinge point is fixed and I would like it if there was an option for the hinge to not be fixed.

View attachment 1320

Maybe I missunderstand. acc. to your original post, you want the hinge point to be where the increase in mass happens? If this is the case my method would work. But the hinge can not be flexible, you have to go the other way.

In your last post you say that you would like the hinge not to be fixed. You could create a new datumplane offset from TOP and use as a hinge. Editing the offset value moves the hinge. Is this what you are after.

I have made a simpler version of my previous example trying to describe what I said earlier. Is this even close to what you want?

View attachment 1322

Yes that is what I am looking for Caddie. I want the block to increase in mass after the draft has been applied.

How did you do the hinges on that last picture? I can see how you can make the split line move.

Sorry for the late answer:

It's the same techniqe as in my earlier post. In step 3 you use CTRL to select the second curve/edge

See post from"23October2005 at 8:36pm"

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back