Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PIRACY CHECK

TECHIE_FELLOW

CAN U JUS TELL ME HOW TO FIND OUT WHETERTHE FILE (MAY BE A PART OR ASEMBLY) IS BEING CREATED IN A ORIGINAL OR IN A PIRATED VERSION? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE SOLUTION.

I dont think you can tell without contacting ptc to investigate?always download models from reputable sources as there is undoubtly many files created on pirated software!!

Paul

sorry couldnt be more helpful!

i have got some components from my vendors and i want to check the authenticity of the licenses that they have used to create those components. kindly educate me of a way to check the licenses without having to browse thier coms.thanks in advance.

If the license number is embedded in the file then this is AFAIK unreleased PTC knowledge. File info 'audit trail' only shows who has been working on a file.

As far as piracy is concerned you're not responsible for the parts you use, you only should have as much licenses as you have people at work with them.

If you suspect other people working illegally and you find this is hurting your business then you should turn to official instances to check this out.

Alex

If you are worried about the ethics of your supplier/partner and if theymay use illegallicenses, then maybe you should worry about them being your partner at all.

Who knows what they may be doing with your information...etc.

Regards, Rick

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back