Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

show flat wiew on Drawing-sheet metal

Gearsly

How do I add a flat pattern view to my 2D drawing? I have three views of the sheet metal part shown and want to a view of the flat steel.

thelast featurein thetree is flat pattern. now create a family table with the flat pattern being your instance. now go to the drawing and add your instance to your drawing (second model). i hope this helps

Hey,

the proper way to create flat state for drawings in sheetmetal mode is via Set up ...

While in Sheetmetal mode,go to setup-flat state-create-fully formed-select fixed surface and proceed ...Pro/E will create family table with flat state as instance automatically ... Then in the drw you just add model and select flat instance ...

kimale yep that is right. i use the old way because i prefer flat pattern featureas opposeto aunbend feature. you know they maybe the exact same thing.thesame thing goes for a hole as oppose to a cut.
Edited by: especial

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back