Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

unscrewing cores

timjr

Greetings,

I am just wondering if there are any new innovative methods out there for unscrewing threaded cores? My customer doen't want the Hyd. cylinder/rack style, or the Hasco type that is actuated by the opening of the mold. Is there anything else simple to implement out there?

Thanks,

Tim

You could bury a hydralic motor in the mold base. These work well and make for nice clean tools.

Hi Steve,

That is exactly what I was thinking of doing! I have only seen these used in-line with the parting linethough, with the core 'laying down'. I need my cores to be perpendicular or 'standing up'. Do you know where I could find some examples to get some ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

You can set up the gearing to run your cores in virtually any direction. Use bevel gears etc. to change the direction. I have ran cores in three direcitons off one motor.

Thanks Steve,

Do you know of any websites that I could go to for information about selecting the proper motors, etc? any info I can get will be a great help.

Thanks,

Tim

You could also incorporate an elctrical motor, but need proximity switches. both(all) of which are available in "micro", and make for less hassle than hydraulics.

jrobi,

Do you think an electric motor would have the torque required without being too big to be realistic?

depends on the requirments, how big are the cores, how far do they have to retract, or how much surface area. there are also micro-gear boxes available. research it. We haveincorporated electrice for spooled insert molding. again, research it. Maxxim makes some good motors, but many other manufacturers are available. Dont rule out pneumatics either.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back