Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to close the area 3D Curves

Maya

Please let me know for following

In Mold DesignParting line Generation Problem:

I dont know how to fill 3D curve area ,where we can't add Datum Planes.I tried to fill that area using Boundries Surfaces but boundries filled the area in straight form .

So Please let me know on my 3D Soild Model if have 3D angular cut ,how I will generate Parting Line to fill that area????

View attachment 1106

Problem in ProEngineer 2001:

Look at this Picture Here you can see tapered cut on the Job .I would like to know about this how to generate parting line to by using surfaces without generation of Datum Planes.I used Boundries Surfaces with help of Composite Curves but unable to get Surface along this radius

In Mold DesignParting line Generation Problem:

I dont know how to fill 3D curve area ,where we can't add Datum Planes.I tried to fill that area using Boundries Surfaces but boundries filled the area in straight form .

So Please let me know on my 3D Soild Model if have 3D angular cut ,how I will generate Parting Line to fill that area????

I'm still a little unclear of what you want but did you try to to use a Mold Volume then create a trim to workpiece.

You could try that and it will envelop around the part

Helo Hi

I have following Procedure while in Mold Design.

I develop Parting Surfaces by Using Surfaces then Save my model in Part Module.

In mold module i select Parting Surfaces in Mold volume to split Punch and Cavites

I dont know Procedure what you said.PLease explain.

In my procedure I am unable to generate parting line in the cut as shown in Picture.That was my question and problem

How to cover that cut?

Hope for responce

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back