Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Plastic Injection Mold Design

kevokam

Hi,

I am intereseted in design of plastic injection molds. Can anybody provide help like documentation including tips, tricks, step by step procedures. Since I am new in this area, I have a lot to learn.

thanks in advance
Edited by: kevokam

Anybody can tell me what is the advantage & shortage of pin point gate (03 -plate mold)?
smiley19.gif

A three plate mold is generally used when gate poisition at the side or edge of the molded part is objectionable or would likely cause no filll or exteremly hard to fill sections of the part. When used as a central fill point in a symmetrical part, it allows for uniform part filling without part weakening weld lines.

I hope it helps

taduytin said:
Anybody can tell me what is the advantage & shortage of pin point gate (03 -plate mold)?
smiley19.gif

ITS VERY SIMPLE

ADVANTAGE:-

IT LEAVE LESS MARK ONTHE COMPONENT

LESS MATERIAL WASTAGE

IT SOLIDIFY SOON SO THAT INTERNAL MATERIAL DOES NOT COME BACK DURING PAKING

DISADVANTAGE:-

MORE INJECTION PRESSURE IS REQUIRED

THANK YOU VERY MUCH KEVOKAM & SADHU.

BUT I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION: IF THE APPEARANCES (GATE MARK, WELD LINE,

FILLING...) ARE NOT IMPORTANT, WHICH TYPE OF MOLD WILL BE CHOSEN? PIN POINT

GATE OR SIDE GATE? THE PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF THE PART ARE DEPENDENT ON

TYPE OF MOLD OR NOT?

yes ur right the gate depends on type of mould as well as more on component accuracy and if u want no matk on component u can go for hot runner mould it will save wastage as well as ur cycle time ok best of luck keep going
smiley32.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back