Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Where O where has my thicken have gone

phoxeoy

OK, could someone please tell me, in wildfire2, why when I make a sketch and goto sketch my feature tools are grayed out? I'm trying to do a thicken. I never had this problem with 2001. Nothing I seem to do will give me this option. Anybody?

I'm skecthing a extruded wall. I'm not doing anything different than I did in 2001. Little puzzled at this

Works great here... Except if you try to thicken a section where all entities are not tangent... but then you get a warning message.

I have a hoizontal line then a radius then a line going up at a 30 degree angle. Then I goto Sketch-> and Feature Tools are grayed out. I know for Thicken to work you have to have a fillet or radius. I have this, It should not be grayed out like this. This freaken blows!

Sorry, ignore my previous post (I missed the fact that you were in sheetmetal mode).

As someone else mentioned above make sure you are sketching an "extruded wall" and not a "flat wall." If you select the flat wall option you will not be able to thicken. When in an extruded wall the "thicken" option can also be accessed with a right click;

View attachment 1105

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back