Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

assembly

XICANDER

When inserting, for example a screw into an assembly, is it possible to get at the same time, the hole in the part selected, andthescrewed holeinto the appropriate part?

I think this must be done by including a surface with the mounting part, and subtracting this surface from the part inserted ...

please, is it possible, maybe an udf, mapkey or programing it ...

Thank you all

If you were to assemble a srew in a plate (with no holes) in assembly mode, then modify the plate part, create a hole referenced to the screw, and thenm patterened the screws, you would simply need to regen the hole to follow the patterened screws.

Hope this helps/explains.

Arlo

Hi Xicander,

You can do what you are asking if you are trying to get an assembly level cut (for the hole). But assembly level cuts will not have any hole information, thread info, and will cause regeneration problemsand downstream manufacturing issues.

Check what we did to address this in this movie. A screw stack is selectedd and placed, part-level hole features are created everywhere it is required.

You can also see the other examples here.

Regards,

Hi Xicander,

When I last saw Solid Edge, it was the reverse of this. They had an option of associating a screw with a hole. Therefore, when a hole is created, the screw can be assembled automatically to it. Here, the holes(in all required components)are the results of assembling a screw (along with its complete stack: washers, locking washers, and nuts in the case of bolts). This basically automates the whole process. In one shot, it selects and assembles the hardware, and creates the right part-level features where needed.

Regards,

I AM NOT SURE IF I UNDERSTAND PROPERLY, BUT MAY BE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR "CUT OUT". ( EDIT>COMPONENT OPERATION>CUT OUT)

You can make a UDF that assmebles the screw and makes the cut at the same time. You can include features and components in a UDF.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back