Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Saving PDF file name change

jim_95008

Hi All,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I make PDF's from the drawings with the regular print icon.

When I save, the name of the file, by default,starts with engineer, and then a dash and my file name, as in: engineer-1234.pdf

What I'm looking for, is to use parameters to program the file name, instead of typing in the file name each time, because we're including the rev. from Intralink and another parameters in the naming process.

Any suggestion?

TIA!!!

James Cooney

Where are your parameters coming from?

"engineer-" is a constant and then "filename".... filename will vary and then rev. is coming from interlink? which also varies

this all gets rounded up and goes into the saveas box of your pdf writer

is that what you are looking for or am I confused?

The parameters that I want to use areour standardparameters in the Pro-E drawing.

I want to get rid of the "engineer-", and add the parameters to the end of the file name to show up in the "save as" box in the PDF writer. example: drawingnum_rev.pdf / 1234_A1.pdf

There must be some way to program this.

James Cooney

jim

what are you using to make the pdfs with?

I use pdfcreator... which gives some options...not many..like a printer driver

and rev # isn't that something that is going to come from IL

Maybe thru toolkit????

jim,

if interlink is giving you the rev number and you are getting the rest by default and you are really looking for is to strip off the engineer part of the name...batch file would work... you could even assign it as a right click command for pdf files

but my guess is that interlink doesn't increment your rev number...or does it?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back