Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Productview as parts catalog

yuvaly

Hi

Do you have any experiance of using Product view as parts catalog for fieldservice engineers ?

Meaning browsing the 3D in order to find a part number ?

The Meta Data window contains too much data, is it possible to select only relevant data to show?

Is there a way to add data such as "spare"into the meta Data window?

Thank you

Interesting Idea.

I guess that you are using a Graphic server and do publishing by batch. Else it will be quit slow for the user.

If the objects/files are the same as itemno. then you do not need the metadata. Else: Yes it is possible to remove the collums that you do not need. in metadate window select properti and use right mouse bottom in the metadata window. Select collums display and remove the collums that you don't need.

Thanks!!!

The objects/files are notthe same as itemno, somtimes drawing number somtimes part number.

I did set the Meta Data columns. That was easy!

Ani idea about adding another coluomn to the table?

Thank you
smiley1.gif

Add a parameter in the model andI think you will se the coloum in PV. Perhaps the parameter have to be designated. I have not test it. Just a idea.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back