Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

tool parameter negative angle !

tinag

Hello,

Im trying to create a milling tool with a negative side angle ! Unfortunatly proe will not allow it. Is there any way of producing "dove tail" cuts in pro/NC ? the tool im tryin to create is pictured below. I have also tried creating the cutter as a 3D model. But as soon as i import the cutter parameters into NC it rejects the angle.

View attachment 1016

Soz about the bad sketch !!

TIA

TinaG

If you use a trajectory nc-sequence you can use a sketched tool. To sketch the tool find the command under the edit menu at the top of the tool manager dialog box.

cncwhiz,

If i type in 3 deg angle on a 2diameter cutter.. it takes the angle the wrong way. I need the tip of the cutter diam 2mm and narrowing off at 3 degrees as it goes towards the top of the cutter.

dbrainsky,

All i am trying to mill is a sprue catchment hole in the bottom half of a die-set. I dont think i can use a traj cut for this ! Will give it a try n let ya know.

Ta

TinaG

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back