Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

question on Form.

sprawell428

I have created the die and the parts, need to punch the part to create some features. However when i trying to "assemble" those two, it says "could not intersect part with feature."

Do i need to make some kind of surface before I punch the part?

thanx

I usually create the punch rather than the die, but it should work with a die.........anyway, yes I always create a surface from which to create the punch ( i.e. a 2 x 2 x .10 thk...then create the form on that surface) Mate the punch surface with the sheetmetal surface you want the form on. Note, keep the created surface on the punch to not much larger than the actual form itself (creates problems placing next to bends etc. if surface is too large)

is there online tutorial could guide thru the process? im have the wall created but it doesnt let me constrain the twoparts.

Try this for now........it is of a PTC webcast on how to place UDF's (forms) onto a sheetmetal part..........you will need speakers to be able to hear it...........I will keep looking for a better tutorial, but this might help:

http://www.ptc.com/company/mail/express200305/video/1_p.htm

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back