Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mechanism License

ilmegor

Hello everybody,

It seems I have a problem with my license of Mechanism Design. When I go to >Application>Mechanism> it says I "Mechanism_Design has not been aquired" thou my license includes this application.....what can I do? Maybe I have not installed it properly?

thanks for your help!

Ilmegor

Mechanism Design automatically installs with the base installation of ProE.

Its license error. Check it with your system adminstrator.

Israr

FYI

You need foundation advantage license for mechanism. In foundation there is no license for mechanism

jnoval said:
FYI

You need foundation advantage license for mechanism. In foundation there is no license for mechanism

Actually mine is a foundation Advantage license....

Thanks

Goto your bin directory in WF2 Folder. Double click on PTCSETUP.BAT. A window will open that looks exactly the same as the window you had when the software was installed.

Click the Next button 3 times.

Select the ADDITIONAL LICENSE CONFIGURATIONS check box.

Click on Next.

Double click on the startup command in this window. A new window will open. In the lefthand column you will see mechanism design. Select it and click on the arrow next to this window that points to the right. This will move it to the right side.

In the window on the right side you must see your foundation and mechanism design.

Click on on Next untill the next button changes to configure. click on configure and the PTCSETUP window will reconfigure your licenses to run mechanism mode.

Restart WF2. open an assy and you should be able to go to Applications, Mechanism.

Gonna try to revive this topic:

How can make Mechanism_Design a Floatingoption and not a Startup Extension?

I go through the ptcsetup, and have Mechanism_Design moved over and it runs fine, but I need it to be available to other users.

Thanks

Jason

Not possible. You will need to make 2 different start commands. One with and one without this option. The user would need to restart ProE to get and release the option.

So every user (32) would have 2 different start commands, one with mechanism and one without mechanism.

DoesMechanism always have to be locked to a specific license, Can it be set-up as a Floating Module from scratch?

Hello mstols,

I have a issue with Mechanica/Motion. When I run the motion,I get message"mmwatch".and also- Failed while generating or compiling equation------.
I have microsoft visual c++8 installed.I read somewhere while web searching that I have to set the environment variable MM_C_HOME to the location of compiler.I did that but still get the same message. may be I did not do it right.
Can you help me out . Thanks

Dave09,

You have to check that the compiler is compatible with the version of Pro/E that you are running. I don't think that version 8 is. (I could be wrong) The installation of C++ must also not have any spaces in the installation path. (ex. Program files). You have to remove the spaces when you install the software. You will to reinstall the software if there are currently any spaces. Then set the MM_C_HOME variable .

Hello Mstols,
May be You are right.but where can I find out if version 8 is compatible or not.

Secondly Could you please explain - "Remove the spaces when you install the software."
I installed the software from cnet website in my c:drive

How to check if currently there are any spaces.Actually the question is where to check the spaces.
the whole path i set is as under
MM_C_HOMEC:\Program files\Microsoft visual studio 8\vc\bin
do you mean i have to remove the spaces between the words of folder.
Please let me know .Thanks for your help

the spaces are in the path. Like Program files. there is a space between program and files. install it to c:\visual_studio\vc\bin for example.

Check in the installation guide or the help for compatibility

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back