Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Faster Regen times

jguillen

Hello All,

I am trying to see what I can do to speed up my assembly regen times. One thought is to make some parts as read only. This way when a change is made in the assembly not all the parts would need to be regenerated. Does any one know if this will work.

Thanks,

Jose.

I'd familiarize myself with some of the documents on PTC's site re assembly performance. I don't think "read only" is an answer.

Hi,

I think I can give some ideas about this problem.

There is in ProE an option to increase the speed of opening a file: this option is to setup proE to make an accelation file for each component or assembly, this is useful when you use components which are coming as instance of a generic part. PLease look on the help of ProE and search about "Instance operation" to find more explanation.

However I attach to this reply a screen capture to see where you find the option about this index acceleration.The problem with this is duoble space for store ProE files, I mean if this Acceleration option is set up on the option "always" ProE will generate an index file for each prt and asm files.

<?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape></v:image></v:shape> </v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape></v:image></v:shape>

</v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape></v:image></v:shape>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back