Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Product View Express

soddyboy

Does anyone know if there is anyway to make Product View Express use search paths? Is there any way to get it to show the name of the part or assembly being shown?

Thanks in advance.....

My experience of eDrawings is that its awfully slow compared to Product view express, any one with different opinion or an explanation why perhaps?

But I agree its a more attractive package.

The edrawings viewer is free but, as far as I know, its only good for dxf's & dwg's. You won't see your models with it.

Error. We're using eDrawings and make autoextractible files which show the parts and the assembly. It's usefull for our customer's catalog.

For me, eDrawings is better then Pdroduct View Express and more stable.

bp

It's right. But when you have customers and clients who have no CAD only PC, you can, like us, show all the parts in our machines. We use it forour SAV. The customers view the part and have it's reference when clicking the part. And then we can send the good part.

bp

With edrawings it gives you almost the same viewing options as Pro/e's part/assy model. Yes, you do have to save it in edrw format but with the file it can easily be accessed by anyone, as "bp" had mentioned. Here at work i have created a folder for anyone to access and view all edrw's drawings and part model. Ability to have a modeltorelate to someone during a meeting or conversation is great and also being able tozoom in to one specific part in an assembly is totaly awesome. Just try it, its free and what harm could it do.

I have just started using edrawings here.. Its really great for small assemblies or individual parts and will reduce file sizes by about 60-80 %. Its not reccomended to try and open larger assembliesusing edrawings though ! i have found that it will usually run extremly slow or crash the pc.

(PS.. It does however save sending countless amounts of j-peg images of parts to sales !! you just e-mail them the part as an executable then tell em to create the j-pegs themselves !
smiley36.gif
)

TinaG

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back