Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

2000i2 problem

enginenumber9

When I try to start my student edition of Pro-E 2000i2 I get:

Bad command or file name

Bad command or file name

File not found

Bad command or file name

It worked previously before I upgraded my pc, still using windows 98. Changed to a Radeon 9200 video card, Sempron 2500+ cpu, 512 mb ram. Is one of the changes causing the problem? I tried re-installing, no help. Thanks in advance.

Check to see if you have spaces in your directories. There is something wrong with the batch file used to start Pro/E. The batch file cannot find the executables it is attempting to run.

Thanks for the reply, still trying to fix it. The above errors were after setting the initial memory to 4096. If I don't do that it doesn't detect the machine type. I read on another site to create a config.pro file. I tried that and didn't see a difference. If anyone has anymore suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks

AMD worked fine for me with my 2001SE. I was running a k6 1800 on an Asus board. I forgot all the other details.

When you say you upgraded your system, do you mean you just swapped
components around and did not reload a fresh OS? That may be it.

fdisk the hdd, install the OS, then install proe. I believe that
proe installs different ways depending on what it finds when it
installs.

or

Maybe try running the setup again on the SE cdrom.

AMD processors first- arent the problem. second- intel isnt the be-all-and-end-all some beleive them to be.
smiley7.gif

It's not like I work for Intel...
smiley36.gif
It just when I first got the student version R19 it said in the book it had to be Intel, so followingPTC req. I bought another puter.....which was pricey at the time

All the original errors are from the batch file. It cannot find the executables it is attempting to run. Diagnose the batch file. The executable should not have to determine your machine type. You are running a windows version under windows. The config.pro file appears to have nothing to do with your problem either. Edit the batch file or print it and attempt to see what is trying to run.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back