Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

AutoCAD to Pro E (2D to 3D)

nas20cwru

I
have an AutoCAD file that I need to separate into layers (which I can
do in AutoCAD and create separate files), and open these files in Pro E
(I have 2001 SE) and turn them into 3D layers. This is my first
real use of Pro E; what is the best way to go about this?

-
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymRealOnUnload;

function SymOnUnload()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymRealOnUnload != null)
SymRealOnUnload();
}

function SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymRealOnUnload = window.onunload;
window.onunload = SymOnUnload;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->

Haveyou tried AutobuildZ?With AutobuildZ You can import 2D Drawings of *.dwg,*.dxf,*.igs file types directly in Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2.0.what's more you can filter the 2D data and use AutobuildZ Tools to create a 3D Model in Pro/e.once u make a 3D Model in Pro/E you can use the layer management of Pro/E.

AutobuildZ is a plug-in application for Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2.0 availaible as a free download from the PTC website.

after downloading the zip file run the ptc setup and install AutobuildZ in the same directory as Pro/Engineer.AutobuildZ will be only active when the configuration option AutobuildZ_enabled is set to Yes.also make sure that config.pro and config.win of AutobuildZ is transferred to your working directory.

The only limitation of AutobuildZ is that it requires a drawing to scale and only simple 2D profiles can be converted to 3D.Ofcourse the application is in it's initial stages and let's hope that with new releases of Wildfireit will be more advanced and ease a 2d user into the world of 3D.

I wll suggest you to quiclky make a transition from 2001 to wildfire as it is simple,powerful and connected

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back