Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire 2.0 Menu

slashct

Well I need to post this and get this off my chest. Little things in PTC world are starting to tweak me and the answer "its intended functionality is getting old"....

Anyway get this. I used to use (stress used to) the menu.def to put things in the menus for users as shortcuts, such as company tables. Now the menu.def does not control the top menus, so you need to create mapkeys to add them there and save it in the config.win. Well here is the kicker that makes me shake my head at PTC. When you add this mapkey to a menu say Tables that would only show up in Drawing mode, it now shows up in all modes with just that mapkey you added in the other modes. Makes no sense because that mapkey is only valid in that mode. According to TAN 127747thats what it should do. Delete it and your config.win shows empty menus now....
The only other option is to now create icons in groups and put them in the different modes so that they turn on and off, and this will cause users to be lost since icons location vary on screen size.
I am now forced to lump these in one menu location and break that down by mode... Thanks PTC...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back