Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

About function ProToolkitTaskExecute()?

LittleTome

Does anybody know how to use function of ProToolkitTaskExecute()? The following is my code segmemt. I always got the reture value: PRO_TK_E_NOT_FOUND, and I don't know why.

ProToolkitDllHandledllhandle;
ProErrorerror,err;
ProPathpropath;
ProNameproname;
ProBooleanprobool=PRO_B_TRUE;

ProStringToWstring(proname,"hellodll");
err=ProToolkitDllLoad(proname,"E:\\hello\\Release\\hello.dll ",".\\text\\usermsg.txt",probool,&dllhandle,&error,p ropath);

ProArgument*arg;//ret
ProArgument*proarg;//input

ProArgumenttmp;

ProArrayAlloc(0,sizeof(ProArgument),1,(ProArray*)proar g);
ProStringToWstring(tmp.label,"IMPGEOMTYPE");
tmp.value.type=PRO_VALUE_TYPE_INT;
tmp.value.v.i=121;

ProArrayObjectAdd((ProArray*)proarg,-1,1,& nbsp;&tmp);
error=ProToolkitTaskExecute(dllhandle,"yyg",proarg,&arg, &err);

I am also getting the PRO_TK_E_NOT_FOUND error. Did you guys get your programs working? I do know that the function I am trying to call must have PRO_TK_DLL_EXPORT macro in front of it's definition, which I did. But no luck, it still doesn't work.

Have you guys over come this PRO_TK_E_NOT_FOUND error? I am also getting same error. Please give me update on the same.

Thanks,

Here is my final working code to load an external dll and call a function within it.

Code:
ProError TAPGenerator::ExecuteAutoPod() {

char *szFuncName = "ExecuteAutoPod()",

szTemp[128];

int nPid = 0;

ProError pro_error = PRO_TK_NO_ERROR,

pro_errorDll = PRO_TK_NO_ERROR;

ProPath pro_wszErrBuf;

ProCharPath pro_szErrBuf;

ProArgument *pro_aArgInput = NULL,

*pro_aArgOutput = NULL;

HKEY hSubKey;

DWORD keyType = REG_SZ,

nAppIdSize = 0;

ProName pro_wszAppId,

pro_wszAppName;

//Check if AutoPod is loaded

if(m_pro_bAutoPodLoaded == PRO_B_FALSE) {

ProUtilPrint("Autopod DLL has not been acquired.\n");

//Get xtop.exe pid

nPid = _getpid();

//Open the reg key

sprintf(szTemp, "%s\\%i", m_strApRegSubKey.c_str(), nPid);

if(RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, szTemp, 0, KEY_READ, &hSubKey) != ERROR_SUCCESS)

return PRO_TK_E_NOT_FOUND;

//Read the key value

nAppIdSize = sizeof(szTemp) - 1;

if(RegQueryValueEx(hSubKey, "AppID", NULL, &keyType, (BYTE*)szTemp, &nAppIdSize) != ERROR_SUCCESS)

return PRO_TK_E_NOT_FOUND;

//Close the key

RegCloseKey(hSubKey);

ProStringToWstring(pro_wszAppId, szTemp);

ProUtilPrint("Getting DLL handle with PID: %i AppID: %S\n", nPid, pro_wszAppId);

//Get a handle to the dll

pro_error = ProToolkitDllHandleGet(pro_wszAppId, &m_pro_hTkDllAutoPod);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProToolkitDllHandleGet()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR && pro_error!=PRO_TK_E_NOT_FOUND);

if(pro_error == PRO_TK_E_NOT_FOUND) {

//Load the external AutoPod dll

swprintf(pro_wszAppName, L"%S", m_strApName.c_str());

pro_error = ProToolkitDllLoad(pro_wszAppName, (char*)m_strApExecFile.c_str(), (char*)m_strApTextDir.c_str(), PRO_B_TRUE, &m_pro_hTkDllAutoPod, &pro_errorDll, pro_wszErrBuf);

ProUtilCallReport("ProToolkitDllLoad()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

if(pro_error != PRO_TK_NO_ERROR) {

ProWstringToString(pro_szErrBuf, pro_wszErrBuf);

ProUtilPrint(pro_szErrBuf);

ProUtilPrint("\n");

return pro_errorDll;

}

}

m_pro_bAutoPodLoaded = PRO_B_TRUE;

}

ProUtilPrint("Executing %s\n", m_strAutopodVersion.c_str());

//Check the version of Autopod

if(m_strAutopodVersion == "Autopod 2.0") {

//Setup the arguments

pro_error = ProArrayAlloc(1, sizeof(ProArgument), 1, (ProArray*)&pro_aArgInput);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProArrayAlloc()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

ProStringToWstring(pro_aArgInput[0].label, "msgDisplay");

pro_aArgInput[0].value.type = PRO_VALUE_TYPE_BOOLEAN;

pro_aArgInput[0].value.v.b = PRO_B_TRUE;

//Execute the AutoPod program

pro_error = ProToolkitTaskExecute(m_pro_hTkDllAutoPod, "AutoSetPods", pro_aArgInput, &pro_aArgOutput, &pro_errorDll);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProToolkitTaskExecute()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Free the input arguments

pro_error = ProArgumentProarrayFree(&pro_aArgInput);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProArgumentProarrayFree()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

}

else if(m_strAutopodVersion == "Autopod 3.0")

{

//Setup the arguments

pro_error = ProArrayAlloc(0, sizeof(ProArgument), 1, (ProArray*)&pro_aArgInput);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProArrayAlloc()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Execute the AutoPod program

pro_error = ProToolkitTaskExecute(m_pro_hTkDllAutoPod, "AutoSetPods", pro_aArgInput, &pro_aArgOutput, &pro_errorDll);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProToolkitTaskExecute()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Free the input arguments

pro_error = ProArgumentProarrayFree(&pro_aArgInput);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProArgumentProarrayFree()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

} 

//Free the output arguments

if(pro_aArgOutput != NULL) {

pro_error = ProArgumentProarrayFree(&pro_aArgOutput);

}

//Regenerate the model and repaint the screen

pro_error = PRO_TK_REGEN_AGAIN;

while(pro_error == PRO_TK_REGEN_AGAIN) {

pro_error = ProSolidRegenerate(m_pro_assyMfg, PRO_REGEN_NO_FLAGS);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProSolidRegenerate()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR && pro_error!=PRO_TK_REGEN_AGAIN);

}

pro_error = ProWindowRepaint(PRO_VALUE_UNUSED);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProWindowRepaint()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

return PRO_TK_NO_ERROR;

}

< http-equiv="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11">

Hi williaps,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I am copying the relevant code I am
using to make this call here -

------------------------------------------------------------ ----

ProArgument*
input_arguments = NULL;

ProArgument*
output_arguments = NULL;

status =
ProArrayAlloc( 1, sizeof(ProArgument), 1,
(ProArray*)&input_arguments);

ProStringToWstring(input_arguments[0].label,"I");

input_arguments[0].value.type=PRO_VALUE_TYPE_INT;

input_arguments[0].value.v.i=10;

ProError
function_return = PRO_TK_NO_ERROR;

status = ProToolkitTaskExecute( handle, "User_Test_Task", input_arguments,
&output_arguments, &function_return );

------------------------------------------------------------ ----

After execution of ProToolkitTaskExecute
[/i][/b]call, value of status is set to PRO_TK_E_NOT_FOUND[/i][/b].

Before making the above call the
corresponding dll is successfully loaded into the memory using following API call

I checked with DLL Export View Freeware and found that "User_Test_Task" is not listed as exported function.

I have used PRO_TK_DLL_EXPORT to export the function.

Am I missing
something here?

Thanks,

Kashish

Did you set your preprocessor definitions correctly as in the sample make files?

WIN32;

_DEBUG;

_CONSOLE;

PRO_MACHINE=29;

PRO_OS=4;

USE_ANSI_IOSTREAMS;

PRO_USE_VAR_ARG;

PRO_USE_VAR_ARGS;

If I were you then I would start over and use the custom Pro/ENGINEER WF 3.0 Project Wizard for VS .NET 2003 from www.felcosolutions.com. You may be missing some critical C/C++ or Linker settings.

< http-equiv="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11">

Hi Williaps,

Thanks for prompt responses and help.

It seems I am not using the correct options for building my
ProToolkit application. I

Hi Williaps,

Thanks a lot. PRO_OS=4; wasn't set. Now it's working fine.

Pro / Toolkit WF4.0 API wizard (Documentation available with WF4.0) suggest that the - ProArgument* input which is a ProArray of input arguments passed to the DLL shouldn't contain any ProValueData structure of type PRO_VALUE_TYPE_POINTER.

Can you suggest what wrong in supplying a pointer as input argument? Why shouldn't we send pointers? I checked it works fine.

Thanks,

I think the reason is that if you send a pointer to your external dll the memory location of where Pro/ENGINEER actually allocated the memory may change due to regenerations. You see, if you pass around a ProMdl object (event without an external dll) within your code, it may eventually crash your program with a memory access fault. It is better to pass around the ID and use Pro*Init() APIs to acquire a handle. Your program may have worked once but I wouldn't guarantee that it would work all of the time.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back