Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly(Mechanism)

chuachinghong

Hi I am a newbie for proE and I am using 2001.Well am doing a motorcycle chain with 2 gears attached at the ends of the chain.I decided using spinal bend to form the chain around a curve but in the end,my chain linkages tend to deform severely.So I tried to use assembly method to do the chain.

Well from this forum, I came across assembly using mechanisms method.However,Icompletely do not have the knowledge of doing mechanism assembly and I would like to know whether are there any tutorials that teaches you how to do mechanism assembly.

I have tried to download .prt files that show some chain linkages around a curve,but I still do not understand how to do this kind ofmechanism assembly method.I need your help!

Thanks for your help!I managed to start assemble my motorcycle chain using mechanisms method.However, my chain consist of about 150 interchain section and I have no choice but to surpress my previous interchain section so as to continue the assembly and avoid system lagging.What worse is that after I completed the chain(with 150 interchain section), I goand resume my feature these problemsoccur:

1)An error message sayingthat the chain is unable to be connected.

2)I have to wait for about 10 minutes to resume all the 150 features!

Well I would like to know is there any method to conduct the assembly smoothly without system lagging?(Well, I am using my school's computer to draw and I learnt that the school had recently upgrade the computer to a very powerful processor, so it should have no problem in doing complicated drawings and assembly)

I hopeyou can help me.Thankx!

Do you really need to model the CHAIN...? If modeling is not the core issue you can define a gear pair between the two sprockets with the ratio and direction of motion. This should solve the problem. As for the chain you may represent it by a simplified rep...or an envelope of surface.

Modeling chains is reported to be available in WF3 to WF4.

Belts in WF2 can be approximated with gear pairs in MDO module and ropes with springs in Mechanica.

Israr

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back