Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hide a feature

sim@

hi all

I've got problem with hide function i.e.I hide some features, save object and layer status andexit ProE and when I start ProE and go back to my object all features which were hidden are unhidden butI wanted them to stay hidden.Is there a config option which controls Hide function?

If I understand you right, you have hidden the item by hiding it with the layer function.

in your layer window, there is a place that you can click to save
status. click this and save your model. It should now stay
hidden.

If you are just using hide on the model tree, that item will be unhidden when you reload the model.

sim@ said:
hi all

I've got problem with hide function i.e.I hide some features,
save object and layer status andexit ProE and when I start ProE
and go back to my object all features which were hidden are unhidden
butI wanted them to stay hidden.Is there a config option
which controls Hide function?

Maybe I was unclear. I will try to explain it again.

I hide a feature by right click on that feature and choose. That feature is automaticly added to the "Hidden items" layerand then Isave layer status and my model. When I exit and return to my model all features which I have hidden are unhidden and that is undesirable.

I think you have togo View, Visibility, Save Status to keep them hidden, this way works for me

Brian
Edited by: Moroso

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back