Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

SIMULATION

aparashar

Dear all,

How can I get simulate two mating parts which are locked with threads for example- to simulate open/close a nut from a bolt, which type of constraint will use in it.

thanks in advance........

Ashish Parashar

Dear all,

Is there no way to get same result? then what is the roll of cosmetic thread in pro/e, I have very complex assly. & thousand of threaded mating parts are in it, ifI use to cut helical sweep in eachpart then total file size will be very large & simulation to get result might take several hours.

Please help me out.............

Ashish Parashar

Perhaps you could assemble the nut to the bolt using a planar joint and a cylinder joint. Then add a servo motor to each joint. The servo motor applied to the planar joint would cause the nut to move up and down the length of the bold, and the servo motor applied to the cylinder joint would cause the nut to spin.It would probably be difficult to achieve the exact same motion that would really happen as the nutis unscrewed, but if it only needs to look right, maybe this would work. I have never tried this...just an idea...hope it helps.

Aparashar,

Use Isrars solution for one of your bolts. then just use planar
connection's b/w that bolt and every other one. and use a cylinder
connection b/w all mounting positions. this means you only need the 1
driver and everything will work.

HAi,

> Fully constrain the bolt, (in the part create a helix path with the same pitch of the nut & bolt.

(this will be used as the follow path)

> Assemble the nut with the cylinder connection(in the part create a helix path with the same pitch of the nut & bolt. create a point at the start point)

> Run the mechanism with a servo motor,

Note: The threads cut on the part is not considered, so it can be a thread cut or cosmetic. The path in this part is a surface hidden in layer. it can also be a datum curve.(send your mail id i'll send you the parts & assembly file)

Regards,

Premkumar

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back