PDA

View Full Version : The best referencing for cabling is...?

daveyk_belgium
03-13-2005, 01:47 AM
Dear Cabling gurus<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I

MugenPower
03-14-2005, 02:54 PM
I started doing Pro/Cabling before the shrinkwrap funtionality existed. I still use the old-school technique of skeleton models. I assemble the skeletom models into the assembly thatI want to use references from, then copy references as needed into the skeletomn model. (feature/data sharing/copy geom)

daveyk_belgium
03-14-2005, 11:20 PM
Hi Mugen<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your reply.

AsI said, and as I'm sure you'll agree, there is always a compromise.

I have a lot of references, and your workaround like mine means the assembly needs to be in session to update the skeleton - so there's also a dependency through the assembly. I guess I just don

pete3000
03-25-2005, 03:42 AM
I suggest making a small "T" part that consists of datum curves and axis that can be assemble in your cabling assembly and referenced only your connector parts and/or FIXed to their 3D location as a junction to route a networkthru. I will be presenting this technique at the Orlando Conference in June 2005.

for my previous presentation see the Routed systems tech committee page on ptcuser.org