Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PDF’s from Intralink

Lazar

Hey there,

Is anyone aware of a software or script or whatever that allows you to print out PDF's of drawings from Intralink on demand?

The research I have done thus far, only has methods to do this integrated into the release/promotion procedures.

Basically, what we are looking for is something akin to having a button, or menu pick in intralink that exports a PDF file simply be selecting the drawing and the "PDF command".

Any thoughts are most appreciated.

Thanks.

L

Just a guess:

All have to be check out to a workspace.

In intralink there is at least 2 ways to open a drawing. Open and view. Use the view option to start a nongraphic proE session with a trailfile that make the pdf and close ProE. It is not fast because proe have to bestart an closed on every pdf-print. But I think it is possible.

I have also heard of companies who use a tricker option in Intralink.

Please let me know if you find a solution.

At BRT-Solutions, we have developed a web-basedapplication we call Vista which allows users to search a PDM system such as Intralink, select a file or a series of files and prompts the system to return in any format you choose including PDFs, IGES, STEP, Native ProE, TIFF, etc.

The nice thing about this application is that it can be accessed by ProE users and non-ProE users though access control settings, therefore, if someone in marketing or purchasing is requiring a PDF, they can get it themselves without using a license or ProE or Intralink.

Once the request is made, the resulted file can be direclty emailed to you, or others automatically.

If you want to know more about this application and how it works, give me a call and we can discuss in detail.

Emilio Di Zazzo

[email protected]

514-727-7113 x 242

It seems likesimple automation but it'sa little more complicatedfor a number of reasons. The main reason being that since Pro/E will have to be launched to create the drawing output your data integrity would effect how successful the output is created, if at all.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Things like bad family tables, suppressed missing components, ghost objects, other check out conflicts, plot config settings...etc are just a few things to be worried about with this kind of program.

Regards,
Edited by: rpassolt

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back