Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Writing error in intralink

bp

I've make check in for partsand assemblies in Workspace and have got the message after wanted to suppress them : "writing error in file c:\<load_point>\intralink\.proi\Local.ddb in workspace". Now when I want to suppress any parts or assemblies of all workspaces for this user, I've receive the same message.

Does anyone knows how to corrct this problem?

bp

Sounds like your workspace (i.e. the Local.ddb file) is corrupt. You would have to delete it to recover. I would suggest exporting your workspace data and then delete all your workspaces and Local.ddb file. You will have to recreate your workspaces and import the files via Pro/ENGINEER.

1. <LI>Open and save the files from Pro/ENGINEER.</LI>
    <LI>Update all objects in your Workspace.</LI>
    <LI>Save again from Pro/ENGINEER.</LI>

This should get you back to where you were before the corruption.

Any other ideas for recovering a corrupted Workspace?

I'm not able to suppress any parts or workspaaces. Always the same message.

I can't update objects in workspace. I've tried in other PC after have copied the intralink folder where the workspaces are and the Local.ddb file, but without result.

The only thing I could do is restore the folder from the backups I've done every weeks. I've just lose 1 week of job maximum.

Thank's for your response.

bp

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back