Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

System colors

dlongmi

Is the only way to get a user defined System Colors file (syscol.scl) to load automatically is by a defining a search path to it? I have not had any luck otherwise.

Thanks

pedja666

I have tried the standard config route and it is not working. I have a config.pro in my start-up directory with an overriding option and it will not effect the environment. I am still trying.

While we are at it...have you found a way to change the default section color from green to something else? The PTC wizards have taken all the useful colors away. I usually have some surfaces in green because I like the contrast with white highlights. Why they didn't keep the low value colors for us to model in and leave the whites and yellows and pinks for other less used stuff, I can't understand. Maybe the programmers lately are new college grads. I know I can change the colors it. That is why I have asked the "experts" on the forum.

I am not sure what do you mean by default section color.

If you mean the color of sketched entites in WF 2is yellow and can be changed to any color by changing the color of the system color for Geometry Preview.You also have a possibility of using PreWildfire color scheme but here we are coming back to your original question.I have no idea why it does not work if new syscol is pointed by your configuration files.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back