Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/E to Solidworks

afuller

Currently at my job I use Pro/E Wildfire. For some reason, upper level management has decided to switch over to Solidworks. When I say upper level management,I mean the ignorant bunch that's never seen Pro/E and wouldn't know the difference between it and Solidworks. It looks as if this is a done deal. The Pro/Eusers company wide where never asked about it. I'm not sure where the influence or bright idea came from, that's beside the point anyway. The bottom line: What am I in store for? Hopefully there are a few folks out there that use SW as well as Pro/E.

AC
smiley7.gif

If you do a lot of complex surfacing or top-down design you will suffer

If you are in machine design like most of SW users than it is OK more or less

AFuller,

Relax...since PTC decided to copy Solidworks with their MisFire releases I say you are probably ahead of the curve.

Get ready to be another knucklehead modeler who hacks and chops away at the data. Maybe...SW has the Warp/Inheritance/Copy/Publish/Mirror/Torodial Bend/Sprinkle/Magic/Dust/To/Make/My/Model feature in there somewhere. Oh..and don't forget to make tons and tons of datum planes. You know that seems to be the only method that works to create models these days.

It's all going to sh#$ anyway. The "whatever generation" has made our business a cess pool of mediocrity.

My .02
smiley1.gif
Oh...and have a nice day.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back