Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Photorender textures?

namylevets

I'm using Wildfire 1.0. I am new to the photorending world.

How do I get textures and colors for parts and rooms? There does not seem to be anything but the default room and one color/texture.

There are more textures on the "Graphics Library" CD.
Can be ordered from PTC if you dont have it already.

You can also use other image files as textures (jpg, tiff etc)

Thanks. I think I do have the disks at work.

Can I use WF 2.0 texture files ?

Are there any good tutorials on how to use/install/operate the photorender program other than PTC. I have tried to use other jpg's as textures but for what ever reason the jpg files do not show up as available. I'm sure I am doing something wrong but not sure.

Regarding the jpg availability...Are there spaces inyour jpg filenames? If there are, I don't think they will show up when you go to find a new texture. If you find this to be the case, just delete the spaces or replace them with a hyphen or some other character and they should show up. Hope this helps.

I have the disks for wildfire 1.0. Now what? Do I need to reinstall something or copy out of some folder on one of them ? I looked on the disks and do not see anything that looks like textures or finishes.

Yes, you need to install the files (ptc.setup should auto start) and add the search path in config.pro:
pro_texture_library g:\proe\PROLIB\GRAPHIC-LIBRARY\textures
texture_search_path g:\proe\prolib\graphic-library\textures
(proe 2001)

/Anders

Try "free textures" in your Web browser. There are a number of
sites where you can download hundreds,if not thousands, of textures
free and legally. DIGITAL DYNASTY offers some beauties on CD for
about $6 per CD.

Dr. Tom

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back