Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

hole axis missing

velozid

I was creating a drawing and could not show the axis centermarks for 2 of many holes in a piece of sheet metal - all others displayed normally. The weird thing is that these two holes are just 2 holes of a 4 hole pattern, driven by an x-y type pattern table. The lead hole and one other were displaying fine. I checked my drawing layers,etc, which were all visible, and then went to the model, and it too was missing the axes just for those 2 holes!
smiley3.gif

We use an old build of 2001 (I believe that it is build 2002xxx - I can check tomorrow). We are scheduled to upgrade to WF later this year, but I need help now.

Any ideas what's going on? I could try to manually add two datum axes, or create the holes individually as a work-around I suppose...
Edited by: velozid

Did you try saving the pattern table out to a file, delete the pattern, and re-pattern the hole using the file? I've had a similar problem in 2001, and this worked for me. I found that it happens sometimes when copying features with datum axes. Good luck!

I was able to manually add datum axes (to cylinder center) for a quick fix.

I had to re-enter the pattern table anyway (to change from standard hole to straight hole), and so I exportedthe pattern table to file and imported it back, and this seemed to work too.

thanks rrleclair
Edited by: velozid

Creating the axis is definitely a good quick fix if you need it, if you don't mind the extra features in your model tree. I'll be speaking with PTC who is on site today at our company and if there is a fix for this, I'll let you know. Thanks

I too have this same problem but my hole is not part of a pattern so I can't use the pattern table file solution above.

Anyone else have a solution other than manually adding an axis as stated above?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back