Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Finding Missing Component

vanwhyjr

Hello All,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but it always is a problem in Pro/NC.

I start out by making my man. assembly. Do all my tool paths and everything else. But the way we organize our folders is to have a file for the models and a separate file for our Manufacturing. When i try to reopen the Manufacturing file it will not find the component. i know how to manually go find the model and fix it, but i would like to know if there is any way that i can set Pro to look in a broader area for my models?

I hope everyone understands what i mean.
smiley25.gif

try to add the option/s in your config.pro : search_path, and guide the software properly

You can add as many search_path you want/need

Ok, that should work. But i was kinda looking for something that is set for all the files i create. i don't want to have to remember to set a search path every time i make an NC file.

Hi,

Ijust copy the relevant parts into the nc directory.. that way pro dosnt have to search.. Unfortunatly this means duplicating parts, but for me it seems the easiest way.

smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back