Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Micro Mill experience

Hi pilot,

I currently use Pro/E to do my parts and manufacturing. Do you have a particular question?

Thanks,

Craig

Wow...
Hi Kumaichi,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I really appreciate time you spent for me.

I plan to buy one smaller CNC machine but I want to run that machine directly from Pro/E (is that possible with Taig tools Micro Mill machine?) and need some experience information about quality (precise) of machining parts too.
Please tell me,what is your opinion about that combination (Pro/E and Micro Mill )?

Best regards !

Hi Pilot,

I really like the Taig machine. It's small enough not to take up a lot of room on the shop floor but big enough to do finishing steps on parts. I purchased mine from www.cartertools.com and it came as a package deal.

I'm not sure what you mean by having Pro/E run the mill. My package came with controller software called MPS2003, it's a very basic controller and supports a limited set of g/m-codes. I don't think that Pro/E has the capabilities to run the mill but I could be wrong. I use Pro/E to create the g-code that I then run through the MPS2003 controller.

If you are building watches or aerospace parts, you probably want to get a bigger mill. The biggest dissadvantage I see with the mini mill is you have to be mindfull of your feed rates, the little machine can't take big bites at fast feeds, it will vibrate itself loose. But again, it's a mini machine, it's not a HAAS or something like that.

I hope I've been helpful. Have a great day,

Craig

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back