Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Offset Lines

Dorwinion

I am working on an assembly drawing that was originally created by another engineer. The assembly model has offset lines to indicate how exploded components align when in their final positions. How do I create these offset lines? Sure I can sketch a line in the assembly drawing and relate it to a view, but the offset lines have been created in the assembly model and then show up in the assembly drawing.

are you on 2001 or WF

if your in wildfire go to view, view manager explode click on the exp rep you what click edit tab redefine. [do not try to redefine the default exp] pick offset lines create there are a few option you will use Axis the most. with the axis command you need to pick the right side off the axis or the offset will go the wrong way. if you need to modify pick modify this well let you move the line around. if pro-e is snapping the line to the wrong spot you can make a jog or two. jogs a easier to manipulate in pro-e. be sure your in the right view the one that is on your drawing. if your in wild fire do not use the View, explode. position or offset. be sure to use the view manager just take my word for it.

In 2001

it view, explode

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back