Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Convert this file

vishal

Ihave attached one model whichis constructed in proe 2001 student edition. Can anyone from you convert it such that I can open it in proe 2001 commercial version?
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />2005-01-06_012521_CASING.zip

Thanks in advance
Vishal

It is legal because

1) It is a tutorial file from a legal site

2) PTC has given .neu format for this pupose only. So thatyoucan translate file between the 2 version

Can anyone export it in neutral format. I need it to complete my tutorial

Thanks in advance

Vishal

You might check with the school. They can get, and might have, a module from PTC that will translate back and forth (or so I've heard).

Just because its on a "tutorial" site does not make it legitimate. Ask the author of this tutorial to send you a proper file.

vishal said:
It is legal because

1) It is a tutorial file from a legal site

2) PTC has given .neu format for this pupose only. So that

legal or not, I'm almost positive you will not be able to bring in a feature based, parametric model from the student edition to the commerical edition. Neutral files...etc all come in as one dumb import feature. This is intended functionality.

Albeit might be illegal, but can't you "save as" a neutral format (i.e. IGES or .neu) from Student Edition?
Edited by: rpassolt

I wanted it urgently thats why i requested here. But at the same time i also requested the auther of that site. Now he updated the model on his site. So now their is no problem.

Vishal
[:)]

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back