Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PATTERN ISSUES

CPiotrowski

I have run into this problem for the last time damnit! Someone please tell me how to pattern this cut around the tire in WILDFIRE.

pattern_3.jpg

So Piotrowski

you have to solution

1 copy move rotate edge axis and with ``increment`` angle

after yoou copy one time the feature for the copied you can create a pattern because you choose theangle

2 create cut revolve- both side- make datum-(trough axis wheel and angle with between some datum plane who pass fromthe same axis

Ater that you can pattern your feature

Cristel

Ps you can also use toroidal bend

I still connot get it to work. Can I send you the tire and have you do it so I can see what steps you take to complete it?

Here is what I dont understand, why can you not copy a solid cut. Why can you only copy a surface cut. Everytime I copy a surface cut it includes the entire wrap around the tire. I have figured out how to pattern surfaces but they dont show after you move it because the tire wrap covers the cut. I try to pattern a solid cut but I cannot figure out how to give it a dimension reference to revolve around the tire.

Krishna Pawar said:
Hi CPiotrowski

Can you please tell me how you did embossedLtter( potenza)on your tyre ?

Krishna

I created a plane parallel with the face of the tire. Selected, protruison, sketched on that plane. Create a centerline perpendicular to the curve you want the lettering to be written, this is not necessary just helps to start the lettering straight. I believe the program will automatically straighten the lettering to the curve. Once you select lettering and place your line for the starting point (make sure you start your line from where you want the bottom left of the first letter to be), a box will come up to enter the text you want.Click on the box that says project to curve, select the curve you would like the text to follow (you may have to hit flip for the text to be pointing in the right direction). Once the text is correct, hit enter to apply the lettering. The first direction should be to a selected surface which is the surface you want the lettering to protrude from. The second direction(if needed, depending on the size of the protrusion, sometimes if too small WILDFIRE will not allow too small of lettering) should be any given number, really doesnt matter. After this is complete you should have lettering starting from the selected surface to the end point you selected. Next, make a sweep cut from the curve you selceted for the text to follow. Make a simple square to cut all uneeded lettering from the surface.

Thats it, there may be an easier way to do it but that was my method.

ok, new issue. I am transferring my model to lightwave to render with a wavefront file .obj. For some reason I cannot include surfaces in the file. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back