Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

5 Axis Trajectory

Brock_S

<DIV>
<DIV>I am running Pro/No on Wildfire 2.0 .</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>If anyonecan point me in the right direction on this I would greatly appreciate it .</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I am having trouble with trying to use trajectory mill in5 Axis. I am millingaround the outside of part that has an angle on it.</DIV>
<DIV>I am trying to get the tool path to use he side of the cutter to do the cutting.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I set the Operation to use 5 axis . When using trajectory milling I tried using edge,curve, when I try to use surface I get a message that says only vertical surfaces can be used.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Thanks</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Brock</DIV></DIV>

When I do this I don't see any problem. Let me see if I copied your problem correctly? In operation, the workcell is a 5 axis mill and you picked a coordinate system. (DO NOT SELECT A RETRACT FOR THE OPERATION).Then create a (trajectory 5 axis) sequence. In the sequence, select a "Z" value for retract. After setting the parameters, then gotoCUSTOMIZE. Create an automatic cut, selecting the surfaces to profile and the bottom surface for the tool to follow.(if you need to cut deeper thru the part, set the "axis shift" parameter to .100 or whatever you need to get thru the part).

When I do this, I see no problem at all. I can add lead-ins/outs, change the step depth, # of cuts, even # of profile passes.

You might want to make sure that you don't have an (operation retract plane".

I hope this helps

Allan

Dear Brock,

I don't know whether your problem was solved or not & what was it, but you can use profile seq. with side milling cutter to solve your problem. I came across the same type ofsituation with trajectory milling & resolved it using theprofileseq. Let me know if you need further info in this regard.

Mudasser.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back