Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/E 2001 Student files

Does anyone know where I can find model files that go with the PTC Introduction to Pro/Engineercourse book? I registered for the training directly with PTC. It was taught by a local firm. My payment included a "free" copy of the student additionof Pro/E 2001 CD. I assumed the files to use the course book would be on the CD but they are not. The local company I took the course from says contact PTC. The PTC help line says there is no live help for Pro/E 2001 and that I need to e-mail a wildfire address. I keep sending e-mails and I never get any response. Does anyone know how I can get these files?

<DIV>I used to be an instructor for PTC/Rand. PTC does not release the student files to their students. As far as I know, any firm, class, or institution that releases them would violate their contract with PTC.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

Thanks for the help. I just wish PTC would have been kind enough to tell me up front I could not get the files. It would have saved me a lot of money and a lot of time chasing my tail. The really odd part is, if you take the hands on workshop for Wildfire you get a 60 day evaluation copy for free and the files for that can be downloaded directly from PTC. So now I have an instruction book for Pro/E 2001that does me no good. My opinion of PTC was never very high, but it has even slipped lower. I guess what people have been telling over the years is true. PTC has a great product but the company is terrible to deal with.
smiley19.gif

And to answer Tinag's question, the local company that did the trainingwas 3HTI

<DIV>I can understand your frustration. I imagine the reason PTC does that is because if students received the student edition software, book, AND files, then there's less of an incentive for people to take the class and more of an incentive to "borrow" from their neighbor. After all, PTC, like all businesses,is in the business of earning money, so I can understand why they do that from a business standpoint.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>My $.02.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back