Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Starting a cut from a different surface

Uni Phil

I am cutting a part with surfaces that I would like different sequences to cut from different surface depths.

The problem that I have is that the tool always starts from the origional surface of the block. How can I tell the cutter to start at a different position and cut down from that position.

I have used the start option in the def seq box but that just starts the cutter at a certain position and delivers it to the top most surface which I didn't want it to start at.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers
smiley4.gif

What type of sequences are we talking about here? Volume? Profile? If it's profile milling you can select Customize, Insert, From-to-depth. Then specify a starting Z depth and finish depth. Actually as I recall, this works in Volume milling also.
smiley2.gif

Mildfire: I was actually using surface, thats maybe my problem. I did try other sequences but they didn't work either and the university lecturers aren't completely clued up with it either.

I'll try the profile cut as that will essentially do the same job.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back