Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Newbie Help on Sliding Mechanism

msiva1981

Hi Everyone,

Iam a Newbie to Design Animation and iam trying to Animate an Engine Mechanism. I read through some help on this Forum and i could rotate the CrankShaft using the Servo Motor tool. I am not able to simulate the to and fro motion of the Connecting rod> I do not have the Slightest clue how to do it either. I understand that there should be a Sliding connection in the Assembly for the Connecting Rod, I even did that in a way i had a sub assembly and when i brought that in into the main assembly i did not constarin the vertical Degree of freedom.but iam not sure if i did it right. Iam not able to attch my Files as there is a space limitation over here.I have just attched my Movie file .2004-12-06_073734_Engine.zipAlso iam very much Confused between Design Mechanism Module and Animation Module. MY main Purpose is to Animate a Mechanism and to me both does the Job i guess. I may be wrong. People Help me out here.

Thanks

Siva

Siva-

It looks like you might have applied the servo motor to the wrong axis on the crankshaft. Try applying that motor to the other axis and see if that works for you.

If you need some more help let me know and I'll give it a shot.

Justin

Thanks Justin and Puppet,

Iam having serious problems here and i would sure like some help.Justin let me know if i could email you my Part files so that you could letme know where i went wrong, coz i don't think i can do a good job explaining what my problem is

Puppet i created these parts

Thanks

Siva

Feel free to send me the files as well. I'll see what I can do.

You can email me through my Profileat the bottom of the post.
Edited by: justgeo

Thanks Justgeo,

Puppet helped me out and ive fixed it.

Thanks Puppet
smiley1.gif

Siva

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back