Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

G code for Pro-E manufacturing

the_real_jat

wasup yall

I have a question. I used the Proe E manufacturing module to set up machining, and got the G code in .tap file... Its missing a lot of commands such as coolant off/on, spindle off/on... G90 absoulute mode, M9, M5 etc.

This is my first time using the manufacturing module, and i tried my best to find how i can include these commands in the Gcode.. Can't find it anywhere.. Can someone help me on this please.

Thank

~JAT

Uuuh, do you use G-post to code your program? One of the pre-installed posts, I suppose - which one? What's your machine?

smiley1.gif
smiley1.gif

Hey

I am using the HAAS VF2 turning center. What i understand is that i might have to modify the controller somehow, and i don't know how. Are you aware of anything like this?

If your not sure how to modify the g-post codes for processing it may be wise to request a post written specifically for your machine.. This can be pricey but we found that modifying the exsisting posts takes too long as it can require alot of tweaking.

Posts for pro can be downloaded from ptc or purchased from a reseller of pro/e

regards,

Tinag

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back