Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

UDF’s in Pro/Program

vishnushankar

Hi Guru's,

I have a query in Pro/Program..

I have some5 udf's and each is having couple of instances these instances are dimensional instances and are dependent on a particular parameter for e.g. height of the box......

Lets assume that I have a box with L, B, H as the parameters controlling the size. I have another parameter called as "cut_type" andis supposed to calla udf depending upon the input given....

And each if the UDF's have dimensional instances which are dependent on the "height parameter H".

My question is

1. How do I call a particular UDF thru pro/program (as Iam not allowed todo the coding using the regular suppress/resume features option of pro/program).

2. And than how do I in particular call an instance of that particular UDF....as it is dependent on the "Height parameter H".

TIA

rgds,

Vishnu

The easiest method would probably be to add the first UDF, then add the logic around it to shut it off, then add the next, then the logic to shut that off, then the last - then the logic for it, etc....

If you set the logic up right, the next time you regen with the values that toggle the UDF to be placed, it should be there.

The other method would be to use a variable feature reference(s) within the Pro/PROGRAM to do the placement. If this works like in assemblies you would use something like (myVarName) as the feature/UDF name in the program and then toggle it with a parameter value.

Hope this helps.

Dave

p.S. Grpahical Pro/PROGRAM is at http://www.buydesignautomation.com

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back