Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sprocket and Chain

You should be able to download a chain asm from the downloadable files on here. Otherwise, send me an email and I'll email you the chain.

Yes, i was able to download the chain asm but i couldn't get it to rotate fully and modify the dimensions of the path curve...so i wanted to model my own. Have you gotten this to work?

I got it work some time ago (nearly a year ago) but it took some work, thats all I can remember.

I will have a go tonight to see if I can remember how it works again, then I'll post up.

Nevermind!!! I figured it out...
smiley32.gif

well, it ended up that there were so many segments in my chain that my computer was just running too slow. But anyway, i just set the segments to follow a datum curve around the sprocket, just like the one you can download on here. Each link is connected with a cylinder connection, and a motor was applied to the wheel that was attached to the gear. My model doesn't work exactly right because my gear and chain aren't calculated to exact dims.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back