Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

"Option Not Acquired"

bmw481

Hello,

Has anyone ever gotten the following message when trying to start the Mechanism or Design Animation Module:

"The option Design_Animation has not been acquired."?

Sometimes I get this message when trying to start the design animation module. The only thing that has worked a few times is to run the ptcsetup.bat file under the ProE/Wildfire1.0/bin directory and then a restart of my computer. But, this has only worked a few times. Has anyone else ever hadanything similar to this happen? How do I fix this?

Thanks,

-bmw481

You are probably on wildfire I am guessing. Design animation and mechanism require a toolkit license to run under wildfire after certain cuts I think around M200 this happened.

Yes, you are correct. The problem I was running into involved the Design Animation module not being associated with certain license files when running Pro/E. The Design Animation Module is only available if I randomly grab a license file containing it when launching Pro/E. I found out that if you go to Help/Technical Support Info.you can figure out what modules you are running in your current session.

Thanks for the help,

-bmw481

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back