Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/MECHANICA on Linux?

dudelman

Hi all!

Does anybody know when (or if, if at all) a version of Pro/MECHANICA in Wildfire 2.0 will be available for the Linux operating System? I know that it exists for various SUN flavors, so there should be no hindrance to porting it to Linux...

Best regards and thanks in advance - dudelman

It depends on demand. If the demand for Mechanica on Linux rises then ptc may consider it.

Israr

It also depends if a vendor wants to certify the machine. HP might consider since they are selling Linux machines for PTC products.

Pro/Mechanica will be avaliable on WF3 for linux. But I think It should support more than redhat 7.3. May be Suse9.0 linux or more.

Pro/Mechanica will be avaliable on WF3 for linux.
But I think It should support more than redhat 7.3. May
be Suse9.0 linux or more.
I'm currently using Pro/E Wildfire 2.0 on Suse Linux
Professional 9.2 64 bit and it gives me less crashes
than the "Windows XP edition"
smiley1.gif

The only problem is that Pro/E isn't officially
supported with this distributions.

---
Bye, Luca
Edited by: elnegro

Didnt you get any problem about installing Pro/E on Suse Linux. Because when I try to install it, I had problems about flexlm. Somehow I was not started automaticly.
Edited by: usta

I have installed proewf2 m07 and several other earlier versions on
Fedora 1, 2, and 3. Everything works well, and you can adjust the
amount of memory allocated and kernel process priority.

I have also installed, and am currently using m07 with FC3 with SELinux
on in targeted mode. I should have it installed on FC4 with
SELinux set to targeted mode in the next couple of months as well.

By adjusting several kernel parameters, and unloading some of the
daemons not needed while running proe, you can increase
performance.

Is there a benchmarking tool for proe to compare it against windows or other unicies?

-cm

A Mac OS X-port would place ProE as the nr1 app among alot of designers around me.

There is really no other to compete with on that platform, vellum is the only actor right now, and that app is no were near ProE.

So, PTC, go for OS X too! :)

That would make me really really happy
smiley32.gif

< =text/>

Thanks for the discussion, but I meant explicitly the MECHANICA part of wildfire which seems not to be supported at all under linux. However, running wildfire 2.0 is fun on my linux box (2.4GHz CPU, 768MB RAM, SuSE 8.1, Kernel 2.4.21-241-default)

Best regards - dudelman

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back