Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ProE wf2 to Ideas 9

Hi!

Wewere extensively usinga proprietarytranslator supplied by ugs for to & fro translationbetween I-Deas MS 9 & ProE 2001. However the the translator is not compatible with the wildfire release. I think you will have to upgrade your I-Deas to release 10 or 11 which may support wildfire.

However I can assure you one thing that the translaor is very effectiive and results in 100% data transfer even for complex casting & sheetmetal parts.

Regards,

Pratish

I see your message, and I make another question.

What is the best way to transfer parts and assemblies from ProE WF2 to Ideas v10.

Please explain better the translators (intalled on ProE ?, or in Ideas ?)

Regards,

When you install I-Deas, it will give you a option to install the ProE Translator in the modules selection box. You have to select this option while installing I-Deas. This will install the tranlator on I-Deas side. In the file export/import menu you now see ProEnginner along with the other options.

There will be a folder named pro in the I-Deas installation directory of your pc. There will be folders called as pro_2001 etc in this driectory along with the Readme file. Go through the readme file and follow the directions as mentioned in the readme. This will complete your installion on the proengineer side. Now you will get an additional menu in the file menu for export/import from/to I-Deas.

Please note that four using this translator, you need to have your Open I-Deas server running on the machine.

As far as assemblies are concerned, you will get the assembly structure into I-Deas but you will not be able to get the constraints transferred.

Regards,

Pratish

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back