Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

TIP:Resolve Mode Exits Insert Mode

cadsculptor

You are in resolve feature mode and select "suppress all"., Insert Mode cancels itself without warning. You continue modeling, then realize everything you just did is AFTER the last suppressed feature (instead of before, like you might expect).

You can fix it like this:

1. <LI>Activate Insert Mode two features before the first "Suppress All" suppressed feature (e.g. features 20-50 are suppressed, enter insert mode after feature 18)</LI>
    <LI>Create a datum point (I usually use On Vertex because it's easy to do)</LI>
    <LI>Right click on the next feature and pick "Resume" (it was feature 19 from step 1, but now it's feature 20 because of the datum point)</LI>
    <LI>Drag this feature before the datum point to reorder it</LI>
    <LI>Select all the features at the end of the model tree (that you created after the self-cancelled insert mode)</LI>
    <LI>Drag them up the tree and drop them before the datum point</LI>
    <LI>Continue working in insert mode or </LI>
    <LI>Resume the rest of the features</LI>
    <LI>Delete the datum point</LI>

Hey, great tip! I've run into this problem a lot lately and, in fact, I just tried it right now and it works like a charm.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back