Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mechanica training

burnsp

We've had PTC trainers come and train us on Mechanica (as well as Pro/E and Intralink). To be honest, I thought the training was weak at best. The instructors were very knowledgable but the course content(written by PTC) was very bad, especially for Mechanica. It's as if they're trying to teach you to drive a car and instead of showing you the steering wheel, brakes and accelerator, they teach you about the camshaft, valves and timing belt! While that's good info, especaillyfor usengineers, I'd like to learn to drive tha car before I delve into how it works.

Anyway, enough ranting. Are there good Mechanica instructors out there that use their own curriculum? I've had about 5 or 6 PTC courses anddon't want towaste my time on another that uses the PTC curriculum.

TIA.

TIA

There is no much out there as good books or written curriculum for MECHANICA. I used to work for PTC as a MECHANICA consultant and in fact I wrote the Vibrationssectionfor theircurriculum and taught the class for few years. I tried to write that session with the user in mind however you still need some theory to understand the principles behind the program and the assumptions made. I believe both the book and the instructor must complement the materialbeing taught in order call it a successful training session.

I am currently looking for a MECHANICAbook to use for trainingsome analyst and designerfor thecompany I am working.Although there is a handful of books out there for MECHANICA,mostof them are not written in a way I am satisfied with their format and content. The only book that I will give a passing grade will be the one use by RAND for their MECHANICA training. The book is layout in a logical manner and is easy to follow. Unfortunately,RAND don't sell their trainingbooks by themselves. In order to get a hold of the book you will have to take their class and then again hope you get a good instructor that truly has used and understands

FEA.

Luis

Visible Edge in Nashua, NH has an expert in Mechanica on staff. If you need some one-on-one mentoring, give them a call at 800-vis-edge.

WHY NOT MY MENU INSERT>SHARE DATA IS DASHED AND IT IS NOT USED.PLS TELL ME WHY ?BUT IT IS INSTALLED IN THE OTHER COMPUTER IT IS OK!

hi,

i now face a design problem, anyone can recommend a few Pro/MECHANICA expert's name together with their email address. i really need your help. TIA, can u give the email address of the Pro/MECHANICA trainer? thanks.

soon tong

It has always been the weak point with Mechanica and PTC wonders why they cannon get people to use it. I took the advanced 2 or 3 day workshop the first year it was offered with Rand and it was awful. I knew much more than the instructor and the problems I brought in he could not get much on.

The best thing I found was getting the regional Mechanica Guy from PTC to come in on a maintenance and software agreement I negotiated for no charge for 2 days, in the end all I needed him for was one day. Theproblem is finding them asI am sure PTChas slimmed them out. These guys have some excellent experience withMechanica as well as teaching it, Guy to talk to is Len Discenza... I believethey were using it since the Rasna Days...

http://www.dbaworks.com/

We at SYSTEMS 3 can offer custom training useing your comapany's parts
and assemblies. We find that this is often the bets way to jump
start new users as well as help experienced users take their knowledge
to the next level. Let me know if you are intereste din out
services.

Ian Kimbrell

Territory Account Manager

SYSTEMS 3

216-905-8100

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World