Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Protrude with draft

Andy_S

Lots of cad systems have this simple command but not proe, we do lots of plastic mouldings and for ribs we aim for the complex areas to hide sink marks. In proe you cannot protude with draft so we normally have several protusions to get the end result because drafting the surface normally falls over.
Edited by: Andy_S

The only feature in Pro/E that can contain embedded draft is (I think) the offset draft feature... You can offset a surface and draft the sides at the same time.

-Brian

Iasked forthis ata surafacing tc meeting and was told by a programmer that "this is bad geometry". The draft offset is a great feature but it isnt always what I need.

Iam not sure how its bad, and I mention it at every meeting but it never seems to happen.

Mike

I have never had a drafted surface fall over
smiley8.gif
but will agree, drafted surfaces need revamping in Pro/E. They are one of the most difficult features to work with/repair.
Edited by: donha

Only problem with offsets is when they fall over you can never recover them.

Even Microstation had it years ago on their first 3D modeler

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back